• 35 jobs created for local community members
• Improved health and nutrition among community members.
• Beneficiaries gained new skills and knowledge in the management of vegetable gardens
What challenges did or does your project face?
• Limited funds to access pesticides.
• Heavy rainfall in the areas with gardens leads to destruction of some vegetables.
• Out –break of Pest and diseases
How are you working to overcome them?
• Spraying of vegetables with pesticides to reduce pests and diseases.
• Small individual contributions collected to help procure pesticides.
What did you or your project learn this season that might be useful to others as well?
• Vegetables are easily attacked by pests and diseases. Pesticides need to be available all time.
• Regular weeding is very necessary for good yields.
• Garden project are great source of income and and food in community household.