- Started a small farm and community garden on 1 acre of land
- Successful propagation from seed of a large variety of crops
- Educational opportunities given to community member on how to prep for and how to grow their own food
- Created a gathering space for community conversations
What challenges did or does your project face?
- We are having challenges prepping the second farm plot area and managing problematic weeds
- The organization is still working to understand how it can best serve the community
How are you working to overcome them?
- The Center is working with the state's Cooperative Extension to remedy issues pertaining to agricultural land management
- Potlucks and conversations will be hosted by the organization to address community needs and interests
What did you or your project learn this season that might be useful to others as well?
- Its important to be intentional as to what an organization can and will commit to in terms of values, mission, and goals
- It is a vital part of the organization to make sure everyone is on one the same page and to hold each other accountable