Who said strawberries were just for dessert? Add them to a spring or early summer salad for a dash of color.
Strawberry Arugula Salad
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (shaved)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- Combine arugula, strawberries, cheese, salt and pepper in a salad bowl.
- Drizzle vinegar and oil over the salad. Toss gently and serve at once.
- For variety, add toasted hazelnuts or try goat cheese in place of Parmesan.